- 3/4 cup Chive Cream
- 1/2 cup blanched corn
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Emerilís Southwest Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 turns freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup masa harina
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 teaspoons Louisiana choupique caviar, or other caviar of your choice
- 8 whole chives
- Prepare the Chive Cream and set aside.
- Combine the corn, egg, salt, baking powder, Southwest Seasoning, cumin, turmeric, chili powder, cayenne, black pepper, masa harina, and flour. Whisk in the milk until thoroughly incorporated. Mash the corn with the whisk to break the kernels and release their flavor. Stir in 1 teaspoon of the oil.
- Heat the 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large skillet over high heat. To make the flapjacks, spoon 10 tablespoons of the batter (about 2 inches across, or the size of a silver dollar) into the hot skillet. As soon as bubbles appear at the edges (about 1 1/2 minutes), lift 1 side of a flap with a spatula. If the bottom is golden brown, flip all of them over and brown the other side, for about 1 minute. Remove the corn flaps to paper towels and add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil to the skillet. When itís hot, repeat the process for the second batch.
- To serve, spread 3 tablespoons of the Chive Cream on each of 4 dinner plates, and arrange 5 flaps on top, overlapping. Add 1 teaspoon of caviar to the top, and cross 2 chives over the caviar.
Fried Oysters With Horseradish Cream And Tomato Corn Salsa
Crab And Corn Pies With Corn Crab Sauce
Corn Cakes With Caviar And Traditional Garnishes
Smoked Salmon Souffles With Dilly Egg Sauce And Caviar
Smoked Salmon Potato Hash With Poached Eggs And Caviar
Roasted Shrimp With Roasted Red Pepper Sauce And Warm Frisee Corn Salad
Southwest Cowboy Steak With Skillet Corn Sauce And Tortillas
Southwest Shrimp With Fire Roasted Corn And Onion Dressing
Pork Roulade With Andouille Corn Bread Stuffing, Sage Jus, And Mango Chutney