- 8 tablespoon (1 stick) plus 2 teaspoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 3/4 pounds bittersweet chocolate
- 10 large eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups Roasted Pecans
- 2 1/2 cups White Chocolate Mocha Sauce
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped
- 1/4 cup chocolate-covered coffee beans
- Grease a 10-inch cake pan with 2 teaspoons of the butter.
- In a metal bowl set over a simmering pot of water, melt the chocolate with the remaining 8 tablespoons butter and stir occasionally until smooth and creamy. Remove from the heat.
- In another bowl beat the egg yolks with 1/4 cup of the sugar until pale and thick. In a third bowl beat the egg whites together with the remaining 1/4 cup sugar until stiff peaks form.
- Slowly beat the chocolate into the egg yolk mixture, then gently fold in the egg whites. Spread 1 cup of the pecans in the buttered cake pan and pour the chocolate mixture over them. Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup pecans over the top, and refrigerate overnight.
- Just before servings, prepare the White Chocolate Mocha Sauce. Remove the terrine from the refrigerator.
- To serve, spoon some of the White Chocolate Mocha Sauce onto each plate and add a slice of the terrine. Top with a dollop of whipped cream and several coffee beans.
- Note: Preheat the oven to 375?F. Place the pecans or other nuts on a baking sheet in the oven and roast until golden and fragrant, for about 5 to 6 minutes. Watch carefully to be sure they donít burn. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for 2 weeks.
White Chocolate Mocha Sauce
Chocolate Pecan Cake With White Chocolate Mocha Sauce
J.K.'s Chocolate Souffles With Chocolate Grand Marnier Sauce
Pecan Crusted Lemonfish With Lemon Butter Sauce And Pecan Crab Relish
Banana Cream Pie With Caramel Drizzles And Chocolate Sauce
Chocolate Fantasy Cake
Smoked Salmon Cakes With Lemon Dill Sauce
Banana Chocolate Bread Pudding With Mint Créme Anglaise
Chocolate Chip Pie With Bourbon Cream
White Chocolate Banana Sesame Loaf