- 1/2 cup Basic Chicken Stock
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted unsalted peanuts
- 1/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 turns freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 pound skinned and boned chicken breasts, cut into long strips 1/4 inch across
- 8 teaspoons Emerilís Creole Seasoning
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
- 8 small wooden or metal skewers (about 8 inches)
- In a medium saucepan over high heat, combine the stock, cream, peanuts, peanut butter, sesame oil, soy sauce, garlic, cilantro, salt, cayenne, and black pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer, stirring, for 3 minutes. Remove from the heat. Makes about 1 1/2 cups.
- Skewer the chicken pieces the long way, threading about 6 to 8 pieces per skewer. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon Creole Seasoning over each skewer of chicken, and use your hands to coat the meat.
- Heat a large skillet over high heat and sear the chicken until brown, for about 1 1/2 minutes on each side of 4 sides, or a total of 6 to 8 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- To serve, spoon a generous 1/3 cup of the sauce onto each of 4 plates, arrange 2 skewers on top, and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of the green onions. Let your guests eat this as they wish, pushing the chicken off the skewers with a fork, or nibbling it right off the skewers.
Spicy Chicken Rellenos With Tequila Lime Sauce
Chicken Andouille Hash With Poached Eggs And Sauce Piquante
Pine Nut Crusted Chicken With Roasted Poblano Sauce
Peanut Butter Cream Pie
Andouille Gnocchi With Spicy Tomato Sauce
Crab And Corn Pies With Corn Crab Sauce
Crawfish Rellenos With Red Bean Sauce
Duck, Andouille, And Scallion Pancakes With Ginger Orange Sauce
Gulf Fish Beignets With Tomato Corn Tartar Sauce
Mussels With Saffron Wine Sauce