- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell peppers
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 4 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons Emerilís Creole Seasoning
- 1 cup freshly shucked oysters with their liquor plus 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 1/3 cups Tasso Hollandaise
- 4 (8 ounces each) filet mignons, about 1 1/2 to 2 inches thick
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a medium skillet over high heat. Add the onions, celery, bell peppers, and green onions and sautÈ for 1 minute. Stir in the garlic, bay leaves, and 2 teaspoons Creole Seasoning and sautÈ for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the oysters, their liquor, and water and cook, roughly chopping the oysters with a wooden spoon or spatula, for about 1 minute. Add the salt, Worcestershire, and hot pepper sauce; cook for 1 minute and remove from the heat. Turn into a bowl, add the bread crumbs, and mix until thoroughly incorporated. Makes 2 cups.
- Prepare the Tasso Hollandaise, cover, and set aside.
- Make a vertical incision in the side edge of each filet with a small sharp knife, and open up a pocket about three-quarters of the way into the meat. Sprinkle the remaining Creole Seasoning all over the steaks, using 1 teaspoon per filet, patting it inside and out. Stuff each steak with 1/4 cup of the oyster stuffing, packing it in.
- Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon oil in large ovenproof skillet over high heat. When the oil is hot, add the stuffed filets and sautÈ until brown, for about 3 minutes each top and bottom, then 3 minutes on one edge and another 3 minutes on the edge thatís stuffed. Thatís a total of 12 minutes if you like your steaks rare as I do. If you prefer them medium rare to medium, preheat your oven to 400?F, and finish them in the oven for an additional 3 minutes.
- Serve 1 filet on each of 4 plates and top with 1/3 cup of the Tasso Hollandaise.
Skillet Steak With Tasso Maque Choux And Fried Chanterelles
Southwest Cowboy Steak With Skillet Corn Sauce And Tortillas
Wild Mushroom Smothered Steaks
Tasso Maque Choux
Wild Mushrooms, Tasso, And Angel Hair Pasta
Baked Oysters with Braised Leeks and Tasso Hollandaise
Albuquerque Roast Chicken With Black Bean Chili, Guacamole, And Fried Tortilla Strips
Beer Battered Fish With Twice-fried Vinegar Chips And Basil Mayonnaise
Calypso Pork Pie With Plantain Lattice