- 3 cups Rosemary Lentils
- 1 boneless loin of lamb (about 1 pound), trimmed and cut into 4 medallions
- 2 teaspoons Emeril's Creole Seasoning
- 12 12- x 17-inch sheets frozen phyllo dough, thawed
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups rinsed and stemmed spinach leaves, loosely packed
- 4 teaspoons minced shallots
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic
- 4 tablespoons pine nuts
- 4 ounces (1/2 cup) goat cheese, such as Montrachet
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 turns freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Prepare the Rosemary Lentils, and cover to keep warm.
- Preheat the oven to 375?F. Line a baking sheet with parchment or wax paper.
- Sprinkle the lamb with the Creole Seasoning and use your hands to coat the meat.
- Heat a large dry skillet over high heat. When the skillet is very hot, add the seasoned lamb. Sear, turning every 2 minutes, until the meat is brown on all sides, for about 6 minutes total. Remove from the heat.
- Make a stack of 3 phyllo sheets (keeping the remaining sheets covered to prevent them from drying) and brush the top sheet with 2 teaspoons of the oil. Place 1/2 cup of the spinach in the center, and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of the shallots, 1 teaspoon of the garlic, and 1 teaspoon of the pine nuts. Place 1 tablespoon of goat cheese on top, a lamb mignon on the goat cheese, and another tablespoon of goat cheese on top of the meat. Sprinkle with 1/8 teaspoon of the salt and 2 turns of the pepper. Spread 1 tablespoon of the basil on top and add 1/2 cup spinach. Pull up the 4 corners of the phyllo to met one another and twist the top to create a sack like a party favor. Drizzle with 1 teaspoon oil, and use your fingers to rub it all over carefully. Repeat this procedure 3 more times, making a total of 4 ìpursesî.
- Place the purses on a baking sheet and bake until theyíre golden brown, about 18 minutes.
- To serve, place 3/4 cup of the rosemary Lentils on each of 4 dinner plates, and top with a beggarís purse.
Chicken Pockets Stuffed With Goat Cheese, Chorizo, And Pine Nuts On A Bed Of Southern Style Black Eye Peas
Leg Of Lamb Stuffed With Goat Cheese, Pine Nuts, Apples And Mint
Arugula With Cilantro Oil, Peppered Goat Cheese, And Roasted Walnuts
Rack Of Lamb With Creole Mustard Crust, Rosemary Jus, And Apple Mint Relish
Pine Nut Crusted Chicken With Roasted Poblano Sauce
Stuffed Leg Of Lamb With Stewed Lentils
Beef, Lamb, Or Veal Stock
Rosemary Lamb Stew
Herbed Lamb Patties With Creole Ratatouille And Rosemary Jus