- 2 whole chickens (about 3 pounds each), cleaned and rinsed thoroughly
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 peeled whole cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup peeled chopped carrots
- 2 teaspoons Emerilís Southwest Seasoning
- 2 cups Black Bean Chili
- 1 cup Guacamole
- 4 handfuls Fried Tortilla Strips
- Preheat the oven to 400?F.
- With your hands, rub the chickens inside and out with the oil, using 1 tablespoon per chicken. Insert the garlic cloves---3 per breast, 6 per chicken---between the breast meat and the skin.
- Sprinkle each chicken inside and out with 1/4 cup of the onions, 2 tablespoons of the celery, and 2 tablespoons of the carrots. Sprinkle each chicken inside and out with 1 teaspoon Southwest Seasoning; use your hands to coat the chicken thoroughly.
- Prepare the Black Bean Chili so it will simmer on the stove while the chicken is roasting. If itís finished first, keep warm.
- Place the chickens, breast side up, on a rack in a baking pan and roast until crisp but tender, for about 1 hour 10 minutes. Remove from the oven, slice the breast meat from the bones, and remove the thigh and drumstick intact.
- While the chicken is roasting, and about 20 minutes before itís done, prepare the Guacamole, cover it tightly, and set aside.
- As soon as you remove the chicken from the oven, prepare the Fried Tortilla Strips.
- To serve, spread 1/2 cup of the Black Bean Chili on each of 4 dinner plates and arrange 1 chicken breast and 1 thigh/drumstick on top of the sauce. Mound 1/4 cup of the Guacamole on the plate, and top the chicken with a handful of the Fried Tortilla Strips.
Grilled Tuna With Tortilla Sauce, Black Bean Chili, And Salsa
Grilled Tuna With Black Bean Chili, Avocado Puree And Fried Tortillas
Grilled Tuna With Black Bean Chili, Avocado Puree and Fried Tortillas
Salt Shell Snapper With Black Bean Chili
Florida Grouper With Tomatillo Sauce, Florida Orange Mango Salsa, Lump Crabmeat Guacamole, And Fried Yucca Chips
Chicken Pockets Stuffed With Goat Cheese, Chorizo, And Pine Nuts On A Bed Of Southern Style Black Eye Peas
Black Bean Chili
Southwest Cowboy Steak With Skillet Corn Sauce And Tortillas
Chorizo Crusted Scallops With Cilantro Guacamole And Tortilla Strips
Chili Grit Cakes With Ragu` Of Peppers, Guacamole And Tortilla Strips