- 1/2 pound bacon, chopped
- 1 cup chopped Homemade Tasso or
- smoked ham
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup chopped yellow onions
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- One 7-ounce package Konriko Wild Pecan Rice
- 1 Granny Smith apple, unpeeled, cored, and chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions (green and white parts)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Fry the bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until just crisp, about 5 minutes. Add the tasso and cook for 2 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the bacon and tasso to paper towels to drain.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onions and celery and cook, stirring, until softened, about 4 minutes. Stir in the garlic, salt, and pepper and cook until the garlic is fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in the pecans and cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through, about 3 minutes. Add the rice and apples and cook, stirring to coat the rice with the juices, about 1 minute.
- Add 2 cups water and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the water has been absorbed, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Stir in the reserved bacon and tasso, green onions, and parsley. Serve hot.
Wild Pecan Rice Dressing
Wild Pecan Rice, Bacon And Tasso Dressing
Roast Goose With Wild Pecan Rice Dressing
Oyster Dressing Souffles
Red Beans And Rice
Pecan Crusted Chicken
Wild Rice, Sausage, and Apple Dressing
Wild Rice and Dried Cranberry Dressing
Crab Cakes With Poached Eggs And Wild Mushroom Sauce