- 2 to 3 tomatoes (about 3/4 pound)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry (half a 17.3-ounce package), defrosted
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup Roasted Garlic PurÈe
- 12 to 15 fresh basil leaves
- 6 ounces fresh mozzarella, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cut the tomatoes into 1/2-inch slices. Arrange in a single layer on a rack set over a baking sheet. Season lightly with 1/4 teaspoon salt and let drain for 30 to 45 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400?F.
- Place the pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface and roll it into a 10 1/2-inch square. Transfer to a baking sheet. Brush evenly with the oil, then the garlic purÈe. Arrange the tomato slices over the pastry. Cover each with a basil leaf, then top with a slice of cheese. Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt and the pepper.
- Bake until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is bubbly, about 20 to 25 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature, cut into squares.
Eggplant, Tomato, And Feta Cheese Napoleons
Grape Tomato, Arugula, And Red Onion Salad
Romaine Salad With Creamy Garlic Dressing And Roasted Garlic Croutons
Roasted Vegetable And Goat Cheese Terrine With Sun Dried Tomato Sauce
Roasted Garlic And Tomato Parmesan Tart
Tomato, Zucchini, And Leek Galette With Roasted Garlic Goat Cheese
Garlic Schmeared Rosemary Roasted Chicken
Roasted Garlic Puree
Bulghur Wheat Stuffed Tomatoes