- 6 cups Shrimp Stock,
- Chicken Stock, or
- canned low-sodium chicken broth, or more as needed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped yellow onions
- 1 1/4 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 cups Arborio rice
- 1 cup dry white wine or vermouth
- 1/4 teaspoon saffron threads
- 1/2 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup minced green onions (green and white parts)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Bring the stock to a simmer in a medium saucepan over high heat. Reduce the heat to very low to keep the stock hot.
- Heat the oil in a large heavy saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onions and garlic. Cook, stirring often, until the onions soften, about 3 minutes. Add the rice and cook, stirring constantly, until the grains are opaque, about 2 minutes. Add the wine and stir until it evaporates, about 1 minute. Add the saffron. Add 3/4 cup of the stock and cook, stirring, until it has been absorbed by the rice. Continue to cook and stir, adding 1/2 cup of the stock at a time as the liquid is absorbed by the rice.
- When the rice is almost tender, after about 20 minutes of stirring and adding stock, stir in the shrimp, cream, green onions, and butter. Continue cooking, adding more stock (or water) as needed, until the rice is just tender and creamy and the shrimp have turned pink, 3 to 4 more minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the cheese. Season with the salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
Crawfish And Artichoke Risotto
Oyster And Shrimp Poíboy
Stir Fried Bok Choy And Shrimp Salad With Wonton Chips
Venison Medallions With Bacon And White Bean Ragout And Creole Mustard Sauce
Kicked Up Venison And Sausage Cassoulet
Oyster And Spinach Stuffed Turkey Breast With Garlic Wine Sauce
Panfried Catfish With Warm Andouille Potato Salad And Grown Up Tartar Sauce
The King's Creole Fried Pork Chops With Mashed Sweet Potatoes And Southern Cooked Greens
Truffled Corn And Wild Mushroom Fettuccine