- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons Creole Seasoning
- 1 pound peeled rock shrimp, shells and heads removed (thawed if frozen)
- 1 cup masa harina (available at Latin markets and many supermarkets)
- 1 cup bleached all-purpose flour
- Vegetable oil for deep-frying
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup Creole Remoulade Sauce
- Combine the buttermilk with 1/4 cup of the Essence in a medium mixing bowl. Add the shrimp and marinate for 30 minutes. Refrigerate.
- Combine the masa harina and all-purpose flour with the remaining 2 tablespoons of Essence in another bowl.
- Pour enough oil to come halfway up the sides of a large deep heavy pot or electric deep fryer and heat over high heat to 360?F. Drain the shrimp.
- In batches, dredge the marinated shrimp in the flour mixture and shake to remove any excess. Using a slotted spoon, carefully place the shrimp, several at a time, into the hot oil. Deep-fry, turning occasionally, until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to paper towels to drain. Season with the salt and pepper.
- Cut four 6-inch squares of parchment paper. Roll each one into a cone and tuck in the ends to secure. Fill the cones with the shrimp, top each with 2 tablespoons of the remoulade sauce, and serve immediately.
Fried Rock Shrimp With Two Remoulade Sauces
Creole Remoulade Sauce
Fried Crawfish Salad With Mirliton Relish And Creole Remoulade
Celery Root Fries With Creole Remoulade Sauce
Crabmeat And Hearts Of Palm Strudels With Corn Remoulade
Rock Shrimp Cones
Kicked Up Fried Calamari with Creole Olive Salad
Mixed Green Salad With Popcorn Rock Shrimp
Egg Rolls With Hot Mustard Sauce
Kicked Up Chicken Drummettes With Blue Cheese Sauce