- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- One 2- to 2 1/2-pound boneless pork loin roast, rolled and tied
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cracked black pepper
- 2 cups Veal Stock or
- canned low-sodium beef broth
- 1 pound bacon, cut into 1/2-inch-wide pieces
- 2 cups thinly sliced yellow onions
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Preheat the oven to 400?F.
- Rub the olive oil over the pork loin, and season with the salt and pepper. Heat a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add the loin and sear, turning it to brown evenly on all sides, about 4 minutes per side.
- Transfer the roast to the oven. Roast until a meat thermometer inserted in the center of the meat reads 160?F, 40 to 50 minutes. Transfer the loin to a platter and let rest for 15 minutes. Set the skillet aside.
- Meanwhile, bring veal stock to a boil, in a medium heavy saucepan over high heat and boil until it reduces by half, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- In the same skillet you used for the pork, fry the bacon over medium-high heat until just crispy, about 4 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the bacon to paper towels to drain.
- Add the onions to the fat remaining in the skillet. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring often, for 2 minutes. Add the shallots and garlic and stir until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the red wine and bring to a boil, stirring to release any brown bits from the bottom of the pan. Add the reduced veal stock and cook, stirring often, until the liquid is reduced by one-third.
- Remove from the heat and whisk in the butter. Stir in the reserved bacon. Cover to keep warm.
- Carve the pork loin into 1/2-inch slices and serve with the sauce.
Andouille Stuffed Double Cut Pork Chops With Whiskey Braised Applesauce
Aw Nuts Pork Chops
The King's Creole Fried Pork Chops With Mashed Sweet Potatoes And Southern Cooked Greens
Garlic Schmeared Rosemary Roasted Chicken
Roast Flounder Stuffed With Eggplant Corn Bread Dressing
Roasted Red Snapper In Creole Sauce
Roasted Smothered Scrod With Onion Crisps
Tangerine Glazed Roasted Chicken
Emeril's Pot Roast
Roasted Portuguese Pork Loin with Homemade Pimenta Moida