- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 large eggplant (about 1 1/4 pounds), peeled and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 cup chopped yellow onions
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 4 cups crumbled Corn Bread
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups Chicken Stock or
- canned low-sodium chicken broth
- Four 6-ounce flounder fillets, skin removed
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the eggplant and season with 1/2 teaspoon of the salt and 1/4 teaspoon of the cayenne. Cook, stirring often, until the eggplant softens, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the onions and celery and cook, stirring often, until they soften and the eggplant is just tender, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl and cool completely.
- Stir the garlic, and then the corn bread, into the eggplant. Stir in 1 cup of the chicken stock and let stand for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400?F.
- Season the fillets with the remaining 1 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon cayenne. Place the fillets skinned side up (the skinned side will have a few shiny streaks) on a lightly oiled baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- If the dressing seems too dry, moisten it with more stock. Put about 1 cup of the dressing on one half of each fillet, fold the fillet over to cover the dressing, pressing gently but firmly, and secure with a wooden toothpick. Bake until the fish is opaque when pierced with a knife and the dressing is warmed through, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Garnish each serving with a sprinkling of parsley and serve.
Roasted Flounder Stuffed With An Eggplant And Cornbread Dressing
Quail Stuffed With Corn Bread And Andouille Dressing
Roasted Eggplant Stuffed With A Portugese Rice Dressing
Whole Roasted Squabs Stuffed With Eggplant And Bacon Dressing
Romaine Salad With Creamy Garlic Dressing And Roasted Garlic Croutons
Tender Roast Chicken With Chestnut Corn Bread Dressing
Apricot Glazed Cornish Game Hens With Sausage Rice Pilaf Stuffing
Barbecued Quail With Andouille Bread Pudding
Andouille Stuffed Double Cut Pork Chops With Whiskey Braised Applesauce
Oyster And Spinach Stuffed Turkey Breast With Garlic Wine Sauce