- 1 pound Salt Cod
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped yellow onions
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green bell peppers
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup seeded and chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onions (green and white parts)
- 1 cup frozen green peas, thawed
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce, washed and separated into leaves
- 7 cups Perfect Rice, cooled
- 12 pimiento-stuffed green olives, sliced in half
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 Perfect Hard-Boiled Eggs, sliced
- Break the soaked salt cod into small flakes in a mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a heavy medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onions, bell peppers, celery, salt, and cayenne, and cook, stirring, until the vegetables are softened, about 4 minutes. Stir in the garlic, then the tomatoes and wine. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 4 minutes.
- Add the parsley, green onions, and salt cod, stir, and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and add the peas and 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Let cool.
- Line a large serving platter with the lettuce leaves. Arrange the rice over the lettuce, gently spreading it and making a groove down the center. Pour the cooled sauce into the groove and top with the olives and cilantro. Drizzle with the lemon juice and the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil. Arrange the sliced eggs around the edge of the platter and serve.
Potato Soup With Salt Cod Fritters
Salt Cod Fritters
Rice And Beans Portuguese Rice And Salt Cod Salad
Portuguese Rice And Salt Cod Salad
Red Beans And Rice
Chicken, Vegetable, And Rice Soup
Crabmeat Salad With Asparagus And Zucchini Blossoms
Cured Salmon And Caramelized Ruby Red Grapefruit Salad With Blood Orange Gastrique
Grape Tomato, Arugula, And Red Onion Salad