- 1 3/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup finely ground pecans
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Three 8-ounce packages cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- One 15-ounce can solid-pack pumpkin purÈe
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Preheat the oven to 350?F.
- Combine the cracker crumbs, pecans, brown sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon of the cinnamon in a medium bowl. Mix in the melted butter. Press the mixture firmly and evenly into the bottom and about 1 inch up the sides of an ungreased 9-inch springform pan.
- Beat the cream cheese, sugar, cornstarch, vanilla, the remaining 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, and the nutmeg in the bowl of an electric mixer on low speed until smooth and fluffy, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. Add the eggs and yolks and beat just until blended. Mix in the pumpkin and cream. Spread the batter in the pan, and place it on a baking sheet.
- Bake until the center is nearly set, 60 to 70 minutes. Cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes.
- Carefully run a sharp knife between the cake and the sides of the pan. Remove the sides of the pan. Cool completely on the rack before covering tightly with aluminum foil or plastic wrap. Refrigerate until well chilled before serving, at least 4 hours or up to 2 days.