- 1/2 pound (2 sticks) plus 2 teaspoons unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups bleached all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup bourbon
- 1 1/2 cups strong brewed coffee, cooled
- 5 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Preheat the oven to 275°F.
- Grease a Bundt pan with 2 teaspoons of the butter, then lightly dust with the cocoa.
- Sift the flour with the baking soda and salt into a bowl, and set aside.
- Warm the bourbon and coffee in the top of a double boiler or a stainless steel bowl set over a pan of simmering water for 5 minutes. Add the chocolate and remaining butter and cook, stirring, until melted and smooth, about 3 minutes. Remove from the heat. Add the sugar and stir to dissolve. Cool slightly.
- Using a whisk or an electric mixer, stir the flour, 1/2 cup at a time, into the chocolate. Add the vanilla and eggs, whisking to mix well.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 1 hour. (The cake will be slightly soft in the middle.)
- Remove from the oven and let rest in the pan for 20 minutes, then turn out onto a cooling rack to cool for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Cabbage And Potato Cake
Crab Cakes With Poached Eggs And Wild Mushroom Sauce
Crawfish And Corn Cakes
Mini Open Faced Corn Cake And Salmon Salad Sandwiches With Beluga Caviar
Sour Cream Fudge Cake
Benne Wafer Mille Feuille With Pineapple Pastry Cream And Berries
Cherry And White Chocolate Bread Pudding