- 1/2 pound lump crabmeat, picked over for shells and cartilage
- 1/4 cup finely chopped yellow onions
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped yellow bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons fine dried bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 cup corn kernels (from 1 large or 2 small ears of corn)
- Corn Remoulade
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 18 sheets phyllo dough, defrosted according to package directions
- One 14.5-ounce can hearts of palm, rinsed, drained, and sliced lengthwise to make 12 pieces, each about 1/2 inch in diameter (or if using fresh, you will need about 12 ounces)
- Preheat the oven to 375?F.
- Combine the crabmeat, onions, celery, red and yellow bell peppers, bread crumbs, garlic, parsley, 1 teaspoon of the salt, and the cayenne in a large mixing bowl. Stir to mix well.
- Melt the butter in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add the corn and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and cook, stirring, until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Add the corn to the crabmeat mixture. Add 1/2 cup of the remoulade and stir to mix.
- Have the olive oil in a small bowl near your work area. Lay the phyllo dough out near the work surface and cover with a damp kitchen towel to prevent it from drying out.
- Stack 3 sheets of phyllo dough on the work surface, with a long side facing you, and cut them in half down the middle. With a pastry brush, lightly coat the top sheet of both stacks with olive oil.
- Spread 3 tablespoons of crab-corn filling 1/2 inch from the bottom of each top phyllo sheet, leaving a 1-inch border along both sides. Lay 1 heart of palm (or heart of palm slice) directly on each portion of filling. Roll the bottom edge of the phyllo over the filling, pushing it up against the heart of palm. Bring the left and right sides over toward the filling and fold over. Roll the phyllo up from the bottom over the filling, and then roll into a tight cylinder, like rolling a cigar. Place the strudels about 2 inches apart on an ungreased baking sheet and cover with a damp kitchen towel to prevent them from drying out. Continue with the remaining phyllo and filling.
- Lightly brush the strudels with the remaining olive oil. Bake until golden brown, about 30 minutes.
- Serve hot, with the remaining remoulade.
Lump Crabmeat And Fresh Florida Hearts Of Palm Strudel With A Sweet Corn Remoulade
Hearts Of Palm Strudel With Remoulade Sauce
Hearts Of Palm Strudels With Remoulade Dipping Sauce
Warm Hearts of Palm with Crabmeat and Avocado Salad
Peeky Toe Crabmeat And Hearts Of Palm Salad On Mache With Tangerine Vinaigrette
Rock Shrimp Cones With Creole Remoulade Sauce
Fried Crawfish Salad With Mirliton Relish And Creole Remoulade
Baked Crabmeat, Artichoke, And Spinach Dip
Crabmeat Salad With Asparagus And Zucchini Blossoms