- 2 cups packed fresh cilantro leaves, rinsed and patted dry
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1/4 cup toasted walnuts
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne, or more to taste
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Combine the cilantro, cheese, pine nuts, walnuts, garlic, salt, and cayenne in a food processor and process for 20 seconds. Or process in a blender on high speed.
- With the machine running, slowly add the olive oil in a steady stream to form a thick, smooth paste. Season with more salt and red pepper if needed.
- Note: Toasting nuts really brings out their flavor. To toast pine nuts, place them in an empty skillet. Cook over medium heat, stirring often, until light brown, then pour onto a plate to cool. To toast walnuts, pecans, or almonds, spread them on a baking sheet and bake in a preheated 350°F oven, stirring occasionally, until fragrant.
Cilantro, Pine Nuts And Walnut Pesto
Olive And Roasted Pine Nut, Sundried Tomato And Rosemary, Basil, Black Pepper, And Parmesan Cheese Bread Braid
Rhubarb And Apple Pie With Walnut Crumb Topping
Grape, Stilton, And Walnut Focaccia
Pistachio And Pine Nut Crusted Rack Of Venison With Wild Mushroom And Bacon Bread Pudding And A Cherry-sage Reduction Sauce
Chili Rubbed Pesto Stuffed Leg Of Lamb
Chairman Of The Board Linguine With Clam Sauce And Viva Las Vegas Tomato Sauce
Venison Medallions With Bacon And White Bean Ragout And Creole Mustard Sauce
Aw Nuts Pork Chops