- 4 ounces (1 cup) walnut halves
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 head radicchio, quartered
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced shallots
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 cup walnut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 cups baby arugula, washed and patted dry
- 1 head endive, washed, patted dry, and separated into spears
- 4 ounces Maytag or Danish blue cheese, crumbled (about 1 cup)
- Preheat the oven to 300°F.
- Spread the walnuts on a baking sheet and bake, stirring once, until fragrant and lightly toasted, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the radicchio and cook until soft, about 2 minutes on each side. Remove from the pan and drain on paper towels. Cool, then remove and discard the cores. Cut into thin strips.
- Add the remaining teaspoon of oil to the skillet. Add the shallots and cook until soft, about 1 minute. Add the garlic and orange zest and cook for 30 seconds. Add the orange juice and reduce by half, about 1 minute. Remove from the heat and pour the mixture into a bowl.
- Add the rice wine and apple cider vinegars and honey, and whisk. Slowly drizzle in the walnut oil and whisk until blended and slightly thickened. Add 1/2 cup of the walnuts and the salt and pepper, and whisk well.
- Combine the arugula, radicchio strips, and endive in a large salad bowl and toss with the walnut dressing. Divide the salad among six plates. Top with the remaining walnuts and the cheese and serve.
Kicked Up Fried Calamari with Creole Olive Salad
Andouille Potato Salad
Crabmeat Salad With Asparagus And Zucchini Blossoms
Creole Olive Salad
Cured Salmon And Caramelized Ruby Red Grapefruit Salad With Blood Orange Gastrique
Grape Tomato, Arugula, And Red Onion Salad
Hazelnut, Goat Cheese, And Baby Greens Salad With Hazelnut Chardonnay Dressing
Mini Open Faced Corn Cake And Salmon Salad Sandwiches With Beluga Caviar
Panfried Catfish With Warm Andouille Potato Salad And Grown Up Tartar Sauce
Rice And Salt Cod Salad