- 1 cup brown rice
- One-half cup black barley that had been parboiled for 30 minutes
- Three and one-half cups chicken broth
- 8 ounces thickly sliced mushrooms that have been *lightly sautÈed in 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup coarsely grated carrots
- 1 teaspoon marjoram
- One-fourth teaspoon celery seed
- One-fourth cup thinly sliced green onion
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Bring the chicken broth to a boil. Add all the ingredients, except the parsley and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce to a simmer and cook until all the liquid is absorbed, about 45 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, add the parsley and toss, or place in a serving bowl and sprinkle the parsley over the top.
- *The reason I only lightly sautéed the mushrooms is that this brings out the flavor of the mushrooms while keeping them a bit plump, adding a nice texture to the pilaf.
Emeril's Brown And Tan Risotto With Pepperoni And Shiitake Mushrooms
Black And White Risotto
Creole Crowder Peas
Tasso Maque Choux
Smoked Turkey And Blueberry Salad
Creole Corn And Crab Bisque
Roasted Shrimp With Roasted Red Pepper Sauce And Warm Frisee Corn Salad
Yellow Rice Volcanoes
Dirty Rice Dressing