- Cooking spray
- 1(18-ounce) package refrigerated sugar cookie dough at room temperature
- One-third cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups fresh blueberries, divided
- Three-fourths cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- One-eighth teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup whipping cream
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9-inch pie pan and a small cookie sheet with cooking spray. Combine the cookie dough and flour in a small bowl. Remove about a quarter of this mixture, cover with plastic and refrigerate for later use.
- With floured hands, press the unrefrigerated dough onto bottom and sides of prepared pie pan. Set in the freezer to firm, about 15 minutes. On a lightly floured surface with a floured rolling pin, roll out refrigerated cookie dough to one-fourth inch thick. With a floured cookie cutter, cut out stars or other shapes. Place on prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake the pie crust until golden, about 12 minutes, and the stars for about 6 minutes. Cool on wire racks.
- In a medium saucepan, combine 1 cup blueberries, sugar, cornstarch and salt. Stir in a cup the water and the lemon juice. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Stirring constantly and crushing the blueberries, boil until the mixture thickens. Stir in the remaining blueberries. Chill.
- Spoon the chilled blueberry mixture into the cooled pie shell. Decorate with the star-shaped cookies and whipped cream.