- 4 large egg yolks, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons almond or nut-flavored liqueur (recommended: Amaretto di Saronna)
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 pint fresh raspberries
- 1/4 cup crushed amaretti cookies
- Bittersweet chocolate shavings, garnish
- In the top of a double boiler or in a metal bowl, combine the yolks, sugar, and liqueur until smooth. Set over a pot of barely simmering water and whisk by hand or beat with an electric mixer until pale yellow and foamy and a ribbon forms when the beaters are lifted, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and beat in the cocoa until smooth.
- Divide the berries between footed dessert coupe dishes or large tall martini glasses. Top the fruit with the zabaglione and cookies, and garnish with chocolate shavings. Serve immediately.
Chocolate Spaghetti With Whipped Cream, Sliced Strawberries And Chocolate Nibs
White Chocolate Mousse In Chocolate Meringue Shells With Raspberry Coulis
Chocolate Meringue Shells
Adrienne's Almond Chocolate Truffles
Grilled Almond-Butter Sandwiches with Bananas and Semisweet Chocolate
Fresh Berries With Balsamic Drizzle And Almond Cream
Almond Butter Cookies
Fresh Florida Orange Cake With Toasted Almond Ice Cream And Strawberry Compote
Fresh Lemon And Lavender Ice Cream With Almond Butter Cookies