- 1 pound ground lean pork
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions (green part only)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- Dash of Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- Four 6-inch rounds pork caul fat
- 1 cup water
- Vegetable oil for deep frying
- 2 medium-size sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into shoestrings
- Essence to taste
- 4 sandwich rolls, sliced in half
- Combine the first nine ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Mix well. Shape into 4 equal patties. Wrap each patty with a piece of caul fat, covering it completely.
- In a large sautÈ pan over medium-low heat, begin browning the patties, cooking for 2 minutes on each side. Add 1/2 cup of the water. Turn the patties over and cook for 2 minutes. Add the remaining 1/2 cup water and turn the patties over again. Cook until they are well browned and thejuices run clear, about 8 minutes, flipping every 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and cover the pan with a sheet of aluminum foil to keep warm.
- In a large, heavy, deep pot or an electric fryer, heat 4 inches of vegetable oil to 360?F. Fry the sweet potatoes in batches without crowding until golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove and drain on paper towels, then season with Essence.
- Place each burger on half a roll, spoon ìgravyî over it, and top with another half a roll. Serve with the fries.
Ham Steaks With Red Eye Gravy, Sweet Potato Biscuits And Molasses Pecan Butter
Fried Sweet Potato Pies
Vanilla And Bourbon Marinated Pork Loin With Sour Cream Mashed Sweet Potatoes And Pecan Gravy
Double Cut Pork Chops with Tamarind Glaze, Green Mole Sauce and Caramelized Sweet Potatoes
Tamarind Glazed Pork Chops With Mole Cream And Roasted Sweet Potatoes
Chicken and Biscuits with Redeye Gravy
Southern Fried Chicken With Mashed Potatoes
The King's Creole Fried Pork Chops With Mashed Sweet Potatoes And Southern Cooked Greens
Sweet Potato And Pecan Pie
Chicken-fried Steaks And Oysters With Cream Gravy