- 2 medium-size ripe Haas avocados, peeled, pitted, and seeded
- 3 tablespoons peeled, seeded, and finely chopped ripe tomatoes
- 1 small fresh jalapeÒo, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped yellow onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Hot sauce, to taste
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 1/4 cups vegetable oil
- 1 cup corn tortilla strips
- Emeril's Original Essence, to taste
- 1/2 pound finely chopped chorizo sausage
- 1 cup fine dried bread crumbs
- 16 large sea scallops
- 1/2 cup bleached all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup Pico de Gallo
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, mash the avocados together with a fork until they are soft but still lumpy. Stir in the tomatoes, jalapeÒo, onion, garlic, lemon, and the lime and lemon juices, cilantro, and hot sauce. Season with salt and black pepper. Press a sheet of plastic wrap directly on the surface of the guacamole, forcing out any air bubbles. Refrigerate. It will keep for up to 8 hours.
- In a large, heavy, deep pot or an electric fryer, heat 2 cups of the vegetable oil to 360?F. Deep-fry the tortilla strips until lightly golden and crispy, 1 to 2 minutes. Drain on paper towels. Then season with Essence.
- In a medium-size skillet, fry the chorizo over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Put the chorizo and bread crumbs in a food processor and pulse several times until the mixture binds together. Season with Essence. Set aside.
- Season the scallops with Essence. Put the flour in a shallow bowl and season with Essence. Put the egg in another shallow bowl and season with Essence. Dredge the scallops in the flour, shaking off any excess. Dip each scallop in the egg, letting the excess drip off. Then dredge them in the chorizo mixture, coating evenly.
- Heat the remaining 1/4 cup vegetable oil in a large sautÈ pan over medium heat. Pan-fry the scallops until golden, 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Drain on paper towels and season with Essence.
- To serve, spoon equal amounts of the guacamole in the center of 4 appetizer plates. Arrange the scallops around the guacamole. Spoon the pico de gallo on top of each scallop, then pile the tortilla strips on top of the guacamole.
Albuquerque Roast Chicken With Black Bean Chili, Guacamole, And Fried Tortilla Strips
Chili Grit Cakes With Ragu` Of Peppers, Guacamole And Tortilla Strips
Emeril's Quick And Perfect Guacamole And Homemade Tortilla Chips
Vegetable Quesadilla With Caramelized Onion Marmalade And Cilantro Sour Cream
Chorizo And Sauteed Pepper Sandwich With Lemony Olive Oil-cilantro Drizzle
Mixed Grill With Warm Potato And Chorizo Salad
Scallops, Confit Of Wild Mushrooms, And Black Truffle Dome
Caramelized Salmon With Cilantro Potato Salad
Goat Cheese Quesadilla With Guacamole And Pico De Gallo
Beef Tenderloin With Fresh Horseradish and Black Pepper Crust