- 5 cups good-quality olive oil
- 2 pounds assorted wild and exotic mushrooms, such as shiitakes, oysters, chanterelles, cloud ears, and hedgehogs, wiped clean and coarsely chopped (about 10 cups)
- Bouquet Garni
- 2 heads garlic, split in half crosswise
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200?F.
- Pour the oil into a large roasting pan and add the mushrooms, spreading them out evenly and pressing them down gently. Add the bouquet garni and submerge in the oil.
- Separate the split garlic head into cloves and submerge them in the oil-mushroom mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Cover the pan with a sheet of heavy-duty aluminum foil and slow-bake for 2 hours.
- Drain the mushrooms, reserving the oil.
Confit Of Exotic Mushrooms With Pasta Rags
Exotic Mushroom Flan With Warm Spinach Salad
Scallops, Confit Of Wild Mushrooms, And Black Truffle Dome
Lasagna Of Exotic Mushrooms
Confit Of Wild And Exotic Mushrooms With Pasta Rags, White Truffle Oil, Shaved Truffles, And Parmigiano-reggiano Cheese
Exotic Mushroom Bread Pudding
Oven Roasted Tomatoes With Mushroom Risotto And Fresh Mozzarella Cheese
Asparagus And Chicken Confit Ragu
Chile-Glazed Crispy Confit Duck Wings with Blue Cheese Crème Fraiche and a Shaved Celery and Grape Salad