- FIG GLAZE:
- 1 cup Fig Preserves
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoonís Steenís 100% Pure Cane Syrup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Dijon-style mustard
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 domestic ducklings (about 5 pounds each)
- 2 tablespoons Rustic Rub
- 4 Granny Smith apples, cored and quartered
- 6 ribs celery, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 8 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Combine all of the ingredients in a food processor and process until coarsely pureed. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 450?F.
- Line the roasting pan with aluminum foil.
- Season the ducks with the rub. Toss the apples, celery, and garlic with the salt and pepper in a mixing bowl to coat evenly. Stuff the cavities of the ducks with the apple mixture. Place the ducks on a rack in the roasting pan and roast for 45 minutes. Remove from the oven.
- Using a pastry brush, coat the ducks evenly with the fig glaze. Reduce the heat to 350?F. and roast for about 45 minutes, or until the drumsticks are easy to move. Remove from the oven; let rest 15 minutes.
- To serve, cut the duck into quarters.
Duck With Root Vegetables
Roasted Duck With Topinambours
Two Way Duck With Sweet Potatoes
Panfried Catfish With Lemon And Garlic
Quail Stuffed With Corn Bread And Andouille Dressing
Soft Shell Crabs With Almonds And Brown Butter
Duck, Hunterís Style
Duck And Wild Mushroom Gumbo