- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup Creole or whole-grain mustard
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 teaspoons Rustic Rub
- 2 catfish fillets (6 to 6 1/2 ounces each)
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- Solid vegetable shortening for deep-frying
- Combine the milk, mustard, Tabasco, salt, cayenne, black pepper, and 2 teaspoons of the rub in a bowl and mix well. Add the catfish and submerge. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Mix together the flour, cornmeal, and the remaining 2 teaspoons rub in another bowl. Remove the catfish from the milk mixture and dredge in the flour mixture, coating evenly.
- Heat the shortening to 360?F. Deep-fry the catfish for 5 to 6 minutes, or until golden brown. The fish will float to the surface of the hot oil when done.
- Drain on paper towels and serve immediately.
Batter Fried Chicken
Panfried Catfish With Lemon And Garlic
Catfish Pecan Meuniere
Corn Battered Shrimp
Crispy Fried Redfish
Fried Soft Shell Crabs with Tasso Hollandaise
Beer Battered Fish With Twice-fried Vinegar Chips And Basil Mayonnaise
Chicken And Dumplings
Eggplant And Shrimp Bake