- 4 double-cut veal loin chops (14 ounces each), butterflied
- Essence to taste
- 2 cups bleached all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten with 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- Salt and freshly ground white pepper to taste
- 6 cups salted water
- 1/2 pound fresh fettuccine
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, plus extra for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400?F.
- Wrap each veal chop in plastic wrap and pound with a meat mallet until very thin, then season with Essence. Put the flour in a large shallow bowl and season with Essence. Put the egg mixture in another large shallow bowl and season with Essence.
- Dredge the chops in the flour, coating each side evenly, tapping off any excess. Dip in the egg mixture, letting any excess drip off, then dredge again in the flour, tapping off any excess.
- Heat 1/4 cup of the oil in a medium-size sautÈ pan over medium-high heat. Add 1 of the veal chops and fry until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Drain on paper towels. Season with Essence. Repeat with the remaining oil and chops. Put the cooked chops on a baking sheet and put in the oven for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put the heavy cream and garlic in a large sautÈ pan over medium heat and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring often, until the cream is bubbly and thick, about 4 minutes.
- Heat the water in a large saucepan over medium-high heat and bring to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Drain and add the pasta to the reduced cream. Add the cheese and season again with salt and pepper.
- To serve, remove the pasta from the sautÈ pan with tongs and make several nests with it in the center of a large platter. Place the veal on top of the pasta and sprinkle with cheese.
Sixty-one Panneed Veal With Fettuccine
Stewed Eggplant With Paneed Steak
Smothered Veal Chops With Tasso Mushroom Gravy
Monster Herbed Veal Chops With Rosemary Potato Crisps And Roasted Shallot Sauce
Paneed Chicken With Creamed Garlic Potatoes And Braised Kale
Fettuccine In A Porcini Mushroom Cream Sauce
Mr. Johnís Veal Chops With Smoked Gouda Cheese Macaroni
White Asparagus Risotto With Paneed Veal
Fettuccine With Peas And Bacon
Veal With Artichokes And Wild Mushrooms