- FOR THE POTATOES:
- 6 ounces andouille or other smoked sausage, chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds Idaho potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- FOR THE STEW:
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 24 freshly shucked oysters, with their liquor
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- MAKE THE POTATOES: In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown the sausage, stirring, about 6 minutes, then drain on paper towels. Set aside.
- Put the potatoes in a large saucepan, add enough water to cover and 1/4 teaspoon of the salt, and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer until fork-tender, about 12 minutes. Drain and return the potatoes to the saucepan over medium heat to dry for about 2 minutes. Mash the potatoes with a fork, add the andouille and cream, and stir to mix. Stir in theremaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and the black pepper. Keep hot over very low heat.
- MAKE THE STEW: In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the onion, salt, and black pepper and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cream and simmer for 3 minutes. Add the oysters, and their liquor, the parsley, Worcestershire, and hot sauce and cook until the edges of the oysters curl, about 4 minutes.
- To serve, spoon equal amounts of the mashed potatoes into small serving bowls and top each with a generous ladleful of the oyster stew. Pass on a tray.
Goat Cheese Mashed Potatoes
Poached Trout With Lemon Butter Sauce And Parsley Potatoes
Grilled Creole Mustard Marinated Quail With Smothered Field Peas And Andouille
Oysters On The Half Shell With Mignonette Sauce And Caviar
Truffle Potato Pizza
Andouille Corn Dogs
Braised Cabbage With Corn Beef Hash
Petits Filets With Blue Cheese Gla«age
Hildaís Mahimahi With Seasonal Vegetables