- 1 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 cups bleached all-purpose flour
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 2 1/4 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- In a small bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar and cinnamon and stir to mix. Set aside.
- Into a large mixing bowl, sift the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, and salt. In another large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, and vanilla. Fold the dry ingredients into the wet mixture and whisk until smooth.
- In a large skillet, heat the vegetable oil to 360?F.
- Hold your finger under the opening of an 8-ounce funnel and fill it with about I cup of the batter. Working over the hot oil, carefully remove your finger from the funnel opening and slowly dribble the batter into the oil, making figure 8 designs. Fry until golden brown, about 2 minutes on each side. Remove from the oil, let drain on paper towels, and sprinkle with some of the sugar-cinnamon mixture. Repeat the procedure until all the batter is used. Serve warm.