- 1 cup Graham cracker crumbs
- 2 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 1/2 pounds cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- Grated zest of 1 lemon and 1 orange
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 5 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 vanilla bean, seeds scraped from inside of pod and reserved
- 1 teaspoon bourbon
- FOR THE COULIS:
- 2 pints fresh raspberries (may substitute blackberries)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 2 tablespoons Grand Marnier
- Few drops lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Butter the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan. In a mixing bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, butter and sugar and mix well. Press onto bottom of springform pan and bake until golden, about 8 minutes. Set aside to cool. When completely cooled, butter the sides of the pan.
- Increase oven temperature to 500ºF.
- In a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer, combine cream cheese, sugar, zests and vanilla and beat until light and creamy. Add the flour, then the eggs and yolks one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add the sour cream, vanilla bean seeds and bourbon and mix until smooth. Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake for 12 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 200ºF and bake for 1 hour more. Transfer cake to a cooling rack and let cool completely. Refrigerate cake overnight before serving.
- FOR THE COULIS: Combine raspberries, sugar, water and orange zest and cook until berries are soft and liquid is syrupy, about 10 minutes. Let cool slightly then puree in a blender. Strain through a fine sieve, transfer to a bowl and refrigerate, covered, until completely chilled. Stir in Grand Marnier and lemon juice and serve alongside OLD-FASHIONED NEW YORK-STYLE CHEESECAKE.
Simply Delicious New York-Style Cheesecake With Strawberry Sauce
Turkey with Oyster Dressing and Old-Fashioned Gravy
Old-fashioned Apple Pie
Old-Fashioned Cake Doughnuts
Old-fashioned Glazed Lemon Bundt Cake
New York Style Chocolate Cheesecake
New York Cheesecake With Caramelized "big Apple" Topping
Smoked Salmon Cheesecake With Green Onions Coulis