- 6 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh ginger (about a 2 inch piece)
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Bourbon
- optional: 1/4 pound of butter
- In a saucepan, melt butter and sauté ginger for 1 minute. Add apples, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt and bourbon. Simmer uncovered until apples are very tender, about 45 minutes.
- Puree in a blender until “apple butter” consistency.
- To kick it up a notch: whisk in 1/4 pound of butter after pureeing applesauce.
Wild Mushroom Stuffing For Turkey Roulade
Corn And Wild Rice Pudding
Andouille Stuffed Double Cut Pork Chops With Whiskey Braised Applesauce
Whiskey Braised Applesauce
Apple Oatmeal Crisp With Irish Whiskey Cream
Creole Christmas Fruitcake With Whiskey Sauce
Whiskey Butter Sauce