- 1 teaspoon plus 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons dried fine bread crumbs
- 4 ears young corn
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 cup chopped bacon
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 cup chopped bell peppers
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
- Butter the bottom and sides of an 8 X 2-inch square (8 cups) casserole dish with 1 teaspoon of the butter. Sprinkle the bread crumbs evenly on the bottom and sides of the dish.
- Cut the corn off the cobs by thinly slicing across the top of the kernels and then cutting across a second time to release the milk from the corn. Scrape the cob once or twice to extract any remaining milk. You should have about 2 cups of corn with milk.
- Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the corn, 1 teaspoon of the salt, and the cayenne. Sauté for about 2 minutes. Add the bacon and sauté for about 4 minutes, or until slightly crisp. Add the onions and bell peppers and cook for about 3 minutes, or until slightly wilted. Remove from the heat.
- Combine the cream, milk, and eggs in a mixing bowl. Beat with a wire whisk until the mixture is frothy. Add the remaining 1 teaspoon salt, the black pepper, nutmeg, and cheese. Add this to the corn mixture and stir to mix well. Add the cornmeal and mix well.
- Pour into the casserole dish and bake for about 1 hour, or until golden.
- Serve immediately.
Sweet Potato Pudding
Corn Bread And Andouille Dressing
Corn Maque Choux
Pork Chops And Sweet Potato Gravy
Quail Stuffed With Corn Bread And Andouille Dressing
Eggplant And Rice Dressing
Smothered Green Beans And Potatoes
Smothered Okra And Tomatoes
Jerusalem Artichokes And Potatoes Au Gratin