- 2 cups yellow grits, not quick or instant grits
- 1 stick (1/4 pound) butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 8 ounces cheddar, grated (about 2 cups)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Prepare the grits according to package directions. Add the butter, salt, black pepper, garlic, and cheese. Mix until the butter and cheese melt. Beat together the eggs and milk in a small Bowl. Add to the grits and mix well.
- Pour into a square (8 X 2 inch) baking dish and bake for about 1 hour, or until the mixture sets.
- Serve immediately.