- 2 1/2 pounds pork butt, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup chopped garlic
- 5 teaspoons chili powder
- 4 tablespoons paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cayenne
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Put the pork in a large mixing bowl. Combine the rest of the ingredients in a small bowl and mix well. Add this mixture to the pork and toss to coat the meat evenly. Cover and refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Grind the meat in a meat grinder fitted with 1/2-inch die. Or, coarsely grind the meat in a food processor fitted with a metal blade.
- Stuff into prepared 1 1/2-inch-diameter casings. Form into links or leave in ropes. To hot-smoke the sausage, if desired, follow the directions for “HOT-SMOKING SAUSAGES”. Smoke for 20 to 25 minutes, flipping the sausage once every 10 minutes of cooking time.
- The sausage, fresh or smoked, will keep indefinitely in the freezer.
Chicken And Dumplings
Eggplant And Shrimp Bake
Fillet Steaks And Ratatouille
Panfried Catfish With Lemon And Garlic
Pork Chops And Sweet Potato Gravy
Quail Stuffed With Corn Bread And Andouille Dressing
Round Steak And Onions
Stewed Chicken And Sausage
Fricassee Of Pork And Turnips
Red Beans And Rice