- 1 1/2 pounds top round steak, about 1/4 inch thick
- 2 teaspoons Rustic Rub
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups water
- 4 cups sliced onions
- 1 1/2 cups sliced bell peppers
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cut the steak into 4-inch squares. Season the meat with the rub. Toss the meat with the flour to coat evenly.
- Heat the oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat and brown the meat, cooking on each side for 4 to 5 minutes. Add 1 cup of the water and stir, scraping the bottom and sides of the pan to loosen any browned particles. Add the onions, bell peppers, salt, cayenne, and black pepper. Stir for 6 to 8 minutes, or until the vegetables are wilted. Reduce the heat to medium. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes. Add the remaining 1 cup water and cook, uncovered, for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally and scraping the bottom and sides of the pan to loosen any browned particles.
- Serve immediately.
Fillet Steaks And Ratatouille
Steak In Creole Mustard Sauce
Chicken Smothered In Onions
Chicken And Dumplings
Eggplant And Shrimp Bake
Panfried Catfish With Lemon And Garlic
Pork Chops And Sweet Potato Gravy
Quail Stuffed With Corn Bread And Andouille Dressing
Soft Shell Crabs With Almonds And Brown Butter