- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 pound lump crabmeat, picked over for shells and cartilage
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup dried fine bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons Rustic Rub
- 4 ounces grated white cheddar (about 1 cup)
- Preheat oven to 400?F.
- Combine the butter and flour in a skillet over medium heat. Stir for 3 to 4 minutes, or until well blended.
- Add the onions, celery, salt, and cayenne. Cook, stirring for 3 to 4 minutes, or until slightly soft. Add the milk. Stir for 3 to 4 minutes, or until the sauce thickens slightly. Add the crabmeat, parsley, and green onions. Stir and cook for about 1 minute. Remove from the heat.
- Pour the mixture into a 9-inch glass pie dish or 6 small ramekins.
- Combine the bread crumbs and the rub. Sprinkle over the top of the crabmeat mixture. Sprinkle the cheese over the bread crumbs. Bake for about 20 minutes or until bubbly and brown.
- Remove from the oven and let stand for 2 minutes before serving.