- 7 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 pound lump crabmeat, picked over for shells and cartilage
- 20 saltine crackers, finely crushed in a blender or food processor
- 1 cup dried fine bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon Rustic Rub
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Melt 3 tablespoons of the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the flour and whisk for 2 to 3 minutes, or until well blended.
- Add the green onions, salt, cayenne, and black pepper. Stir for 2 to 3 minutes. Slowly add the milk and stir constantly until the mixture thickens, about 4 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the egg with the crabmeat and cracker crumbs. Mix gently so as not to break up the crabmeat. Fold in the milk mixture and let cool. Divide the mixture into 6 equal portions and shape into patties, in the shape of chops if you wish. In a shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs and the rub.
- Heat the remaining 4 tablespoons butter and the oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Dredge the patties, coating evenly, in the bread crumb mixture. Fry the patties for 3 to 4 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels and serve hot.
Pork Chops And Sweet Potato Gravy
Soft Shell Crabs With Almonds And Brown Butter
Fried Soft Shell Crabs with Tasso Hollandaise
Quail Stuffed With Corn Bread And Andouille Dressing
Chicken And Dumplings
Eggplant And Shrimp Bake
Fillet Steaks And Ratatouille
Panfried Catfish With Lemon And Garlic
Round Steak And Onions
Stewed Chicken And Sausage