- 2 dozen shucked oysters, with their liquor
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 1 cup chopped bell peppers
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 4 cups cubed white bread
- 1/3 cup freshly grated parmesan
- Preheat the oven to 375?F.
- Drain the oysters, reserving 1 cup of the liquor. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onions, bell peppers, celery, salt, and cayenne. SautÈ for about 5 minutes, or until wilted. Add the bay leaves, garlic, and parsley. SautÈ for about 1 minute. Add the water and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Add the green onions, the oyster liquor, and the bread. Stir. Remove from the heat.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the bread mixture with the oysters and the cheese. Mix thoroughly. Butter a 9 X 11-inch baking pan and pour in the mixture. Bake for about 1 hour, or until bubbly and golden brown.
- Remove the bay leaves and serve hot.
Eggplant And Rice Dressing
Corn Bread And Andouille Dressing
Pan Roasted Chicken With Oyster Dressing
Jerusalem Artichokes And Potatoes Au Gratin
Wild Pecan Rice Dressing
Chicken And Oyster Gumbo
Oyster And Spinach Soup
Quail Stuffed With Corn Bread And Andouille Dressing
Smothered Green Beans And Potatoes