- 2 cups finde dried bread crumbs
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmigianno-Reggiano cheese
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh herbs such as basil, parsley, and/or oregano
- Essence to taste
- 4 large artichokes, trimmed, boiled in water to cover until tender, and choke removed
- 1 cup Aioli mayonnaise
- 2 medium-size lemons, cut in half
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, combine the bread crumbs, cheese, olive oil, and herbs and mix well. Season with Essence. Carefully stuff the mixture inside all the leaves of each artichoke.
- Put the artichokes on a baking sheet, standing them up straight (you may have to trim the stems flat) and place in the oven. Bake until the stuffing is golden brown, about 25 minutes.
- To serve, drizzle each artichoke with equal amounts of the aioli and a squeeze of lemon juice.