- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cups sugar, in all
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted (1/4 cup)
- 3/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 3 large eggs, separated
- 2 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup Blackberry Coulis
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped with 1/2 teaspoon vanilla and 2 teaspoons sugar
- Confectioners' sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350&
- In a large bowl, combine the flour and 1 1/2 cups of the sugar, and mix well. Add the melted butter, lemon juice, lemon zest, and the 3 beaten egg yolks. Stir in the buttermilk.
- Beat the 3 egg whites with the remaining 1/4 cup sugar until stiff, and gently fold into the first mixture. Pour into the loaf pan, place the pan in a water bath (a large baking dish with about an inch of hot water), and bake until brown on top and puffed above the rim of the loaf pan, for about 1 hour.
- About 10 minutes before the pudding is finished baking, prepare the Blackberry Coulis.
- Serve warm or at room temperature. To serve, spoon the pudding onto plates, add 2 tablespoons Blackberry Coulis around the pudding, and top with whipped cream and confectioners' sugar.
Lemon Pudding With Blackberry Coulis
Cajun Country Rice Pudding With Brandy-vanilla Sauce
King Cake Bread Pudding with Blackberry Compote and Lemon Goat Cheese Ice Cream
Crab And Wild Mushroom Cheesecake With Green Onions Coulis
Pepita-crusted Shrimp With Rio Grande Citrus Beurre Blanc
Oysters On The Half-shell With Mignonette Sauce And Caviar
Chicken Breasts With Vella Cheeses
Chicken With Curry And Coconut Sauce (ca-ri Ga Voi Mien)