- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cups sugar, in all
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted (1/4 cup)
- 3/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 3 large eggs, separated
- 2 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup Blackberry Coulis
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped with 1/2 teaspoon vanilla and 2 teaspoons sugar
- Confectioners' sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350&
- In a large bowl, combine the flour and 1 1/2 cups of the sugar, and mix well. Add the melted butter, lemon juice, lemon zest, and the 3 beaten egg yolks. Stir in the buttermilk.
- Beat the 3 egg whites with the remaining 1/4 cup sugar until stiff, and gently fold into the first mixture. Pour into the loaf pan, place the pan in a water bath (a large baking dish with about an inch of hot water), and bake until brown on top and puffed above the rim of the loaf pan, for about 1 hour.
- About 10 minutes before the pudding is finished baking, prepare the Blackberry Coulis.
- Serve warm or at room temperature. To serve, spoon the pudding onto plates, add 2 tablespoons Blackberry Coulis around the pudding, and top with whipped cream and confectioners' sugar.
Lemon Pudding With Blackberry Coulis
Cajun Country Rice Pudding With Brandy-vanilla Sauce
King Cake Bread Pudding with Blackberry Compote and Lemon Goat Cheese Ice Cream
Crab And Wild Mushroom Cheesecake With Green Onions Coulis
Chicken With Curry And Coconut Sauce (ca-ri Ga Voi Mien)
Pepita-crusted Shrimp With Rio Grande Citrus Beurre Blanc
Oysters On The Half-shell With Mignonette Sauce And Caviar
Chicken Breasts With Vella Cheeses