- 1 recipe moules mariniere (previous recipe)
- 3 tablespoons diced bacon
- 2 tablespoons diced celery
- 1 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon chopped chervil, more for garnish
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Drain mussels, reserving broth. When mussels are cool enough to handle, remove meat from shells and reserve them separately. In a small saute pan cook bacon until nearly crispy, add celery and cook for 3 minutes. In a mixing bowl combine bacon mixture with bread crumbs, chervil and cheese. Chop up half of mussels and add them to the bowl. Moisten mixture with reserved broth and season to taste with salt and pepper. On a baking sheet return whole mussels to bottom shells. Top each with crumb mixture, packing it firmly on top of mussels. Bake for 12 minutes or until hot. Serve garnished with chopped chervil.