- 1 cup fresh Satsuma juice
- 1 cup dry white wine
- Zest of 2 Satsumas
- 1/4 cup julienne shallots
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 to 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 sticks cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- Chive Oil: 2 bunches fresh chives, 1 cup vegetable oil, Salt to taste, White pepper to taste
- Salmon: Four 6-ounce salmon fillets
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola or vegetable oil
- In a saucepan combine the Satsuma juice, zest, shallots, bay leaf, peppercorns, garlic, thyme, wine and honey and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer until the mixture has reduced by 75%. Add the heavy cream and continue to cook until liquid has reduced by half. Whisk in the cold butter, little by little, until the sauce is smooth and thick and all butter is incorporated. Do not allow the sauce to boil. (Keep warm in a bain marie until ready to serve.)
- <b>For the Chive Oil:</b>
- Blanch the chives in a small saucepan of boiling water for 10 seconds. Remove from water and put them in an ice bath. Remove them from the ice bath and pat dry with paper towels.
- In a blender, combine the chives with the vegetable oil, and salt and pepper to taste. Process on high speed. Remove the mixture from the blender and pour into a small bowl.
- Serve the chive oil at room temperature. (The oil can be made up to 1 day in advance, and should be kept in an airtight container in the refrigerator.)
- Makes about 1 cup
- <b>For the Salmon:</b>
- Season the salmon on both sides with the salt and pepper. Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the salmon and cook for 4 minutes per side.
- Serve the salmon topped with a light coating of the Satsuma Orange Butter Sauce, and a drizzle of Chive Oil.
- Note: The salmon can also be cooked on a grill.
Salmon With Satsuma Orange Butter Sauce And Chive Oil
Puff Pastry Wrapped Salmon And Watercress Mousse With Champagne Chive Butter Sauce
Damion's Satsuma-chocolate Gelato
Roasted Leeks With Smoked Salmon And Amarillo Dressing
Creole Christmas Fruitcake With Whiskey Sauce
Oysters On The Half Shell With Asian Dipping Sauce And Bookwalter Riesling
Avgolemono (chicken Soup With Egg And Lemon)
Fetuccine With Lemon Butter Sauce