- 1 whole domestic duck, deboned leaving 2 sides, (about 5 1/2 -6 lbs)
- 1/4 cup kosher salt
- 1/4 cup black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Steen's Marinade:
- 1/2 cup Steen's cane syrup
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- *Stewed duck legs
- *1/4 cup shaved green onions
- Stew duck legs in a sweet BBQ sauce until tender.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- For curing duck: In a small mixing bowl, combine the salt and pepper together. Cover the ducks completely with the salt mixture and allow to cure for 8 hours.
- Rinse the cure off and place the ducks in a 11 by 14 inch glass baking pan, fat side down. For the marinade: in a small bowl, combine all the ingredients together . Pour the marinade over the ducks and allow 8 hours for marinating. *The curing and marinating process should be done under refrigeration.
- In a large sauce pan, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil. When the pan is smoking hot add the duck, skin side down. Sear for about 4 to 5 minutes, resulting in a nice dark sear. Turn the duck over and finish cooking in the oven. Roast the duck for 20 to 25 minutes for medium rare. Check the internal temperature for doneness. The internal temperature should be around 140 degrees F.
Duck, Andouille, And Scallion Pancakes With Ginger Orange Sauce
Caramelized Roasted Skillet Pork Chops With A Steen's Marinade
Stuffed Leg Of Lamb With Stewed Lentils
Smoked Duck Stew With Smoked Duck Dumplings
Steen's Cane Syrup Glazed Ham
Apple Fritters With Steen's Cane Syrup
Roasted Leg Of Lamb With A Bouquet Of Spring Vegetables
Panned Mississippi Quail With Smashed Root Vegetables, Stewed Bbq Quail Legs And Sweet Bbq Sauce
Herb Encrusted Roast Leg Of Lamb With Garlic Roasted Baby Potatoes
Ham Hock Greens