- 3 Winesap apples, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 ounces fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Combine the apples raisins, brown sugar, vinegar, ginger, garlic and salt in a medium saucepan; mix well. Bring to a boil and reduce the heat. Simmer for 45 to 50 minutes or until of the desired consistency.
- Recipe pulled from "The Dexter Cider Mill Apple Cookbook" by Katherine Merkel Koziski.