- 4 5-ounce fillets scrod
- 1 tablespoon Creole Seasoning, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups peeled, diced eggplant, cut in 1/2-inch dice (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 8 Italian plum tomatoes, sliced vertically
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons chopped basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Black pepper
- 1/2 cup purÈed peeled and seeded Italian plum tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- Onion Crisps (see next recipe)
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Sprinkle both sides of fish fillets with Creole seasoning.
- Heat oil in a large ovenproof skillet over high heat. Add fish fillets and sear first side, about 1 minute. Turn fillets with a spatula, add remaining ingredients (except Onion Crisps) and stir gently to combine; bring to a boil. Place skillet in oven and roast 25 minutes. Return skillet to burner, turn heat to high and cook 5 minutes longer.
- To serve, place fish fillet in a shallow bowl and spoon some of the tomato/eggplant sauce over it. Top with a handful of Onion Crisps.
Roasted Smothered Scrod With Onion Crisps
Roast Smothered Monkfish With Onion Crisps With Saffron Potatoes
Roast Smothered Monkfish With Onion Crisps
Swordfish With Portuguese Sauce
Roasted Scrod With Parsley Potatoes
Roasted Scrod With Herbed Breadcrumbs
Roasted Pork Loin With Bacon And Onion Spatzle