- 4 6 to 8-ounce chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 3 tablespoons Creole Seasoning, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 rib celery, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups dark roux*
- 2 12-ounce bottles dark beer
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 4 bay leaves
- Garnish: 4 cups steamed white rice
- 4 green onions, sliced
- Season chicken breasts with 1 tablespoon of the Creole seasoning.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over high heat. Add onion, bell pepper, celery and garlic and saute until onions are tender. Add roux and stir 3 minutes. Slowly add beer and chicken stock, whisking constantly to avoid forming lumps. Bring to a boil.
- Add chicken breasts, Worcestershire, pepper sauce, bay leaves, salt to taste and remaining 2 tablespoons Creole seasoning. Reduce heat to medium and simmer, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Serve over steamed rice, topped with green onions.
Steamed Cod With Rice
Shrimp Etouffee With Steamed Rice And Fried Mirliton Strips
Whole Roasted Chicken Stuffed With Dirty Rice
Herb Stuffed Roasted Chicken With Reduced Pan Gravy, And Herbed Rice Pilaf With Peas
Hoisin Glazed Chicken Stuffed With Sticky Rice And Chinese Sausage
Sausage And Rice Stuffed Chicken Legs With Apricot Glaze
Steamed Mussels With Pommes Frites
Steamed Ginger Shrimp Dumplings With Stir Fried Sesame Vegetables
Steamed Blue Crabs With Homemade Bay Seasoning