- 2 (1 to 1 1/2-pound) Florida spiny (whole green) lobsters, or Maine lobsters
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Emeril's Original Essence
- 4 (5 to 6-ounce) boned pompano fillets
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons dry white wine or vermouth
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons small capers, drained
- Pinch salt
- Pinch cayenne
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Lemon Supremes
- Chopped Chives
- Fill a large stockpot 3/4 full with salted water and bring to a boil. Plunge the lobsters headfirst into the boiling water and blanch for 3 minutes. Transfer tongs to a large bowl filled with ice water to cool.
- When the lobsters are cool enough to handle, crack the shells and remove the meat from the tail if using a spiny lobster, and from the tail and claws if using a Maine lobster. Cut into bite-sized pieces and set aside.
- Preheat a grill to medium-high. (Or preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.)
- Combine the oil and Essence in a small bowl, and lightly rub both sides of each fillet with the mixture.
- Place the fish, flesh side-down on the grill and cook for 2 minutes. Turn the fillets 1/4 turn to make decorative grill marks and cook an additional 2 minutes. Turn and cook skin side-down until the fish flakes easily, about 4 minutes. (Alternatively, place the seasoned fish on a nonstick baking sheet and roast until golden brown and cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes.)
- Place the fish on a large platter.
- In a large skillet or saute pan, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add the shallots and garlic and cook, stirring, until soft, about 1 minute. Add the wine, lemon juice, capers, salt, and cayenne and simmer for 2 minutes. Fold in the chopped lobster, stir to combine, and cook until heated through, about 1 minute. Remove from the heat, stir in the parsley, and adjust the seasoning to taste.
- Top the fish with the sauteed lobster. Garnish with lemon supremes and chopped chives.
Florida Cioppino With Grilled Lobster And Jalapeno Cheese Grits
Grilled Spicy Sausage With Florida Sweet Potatoes And Peppers With Mustard Vinaigrette
Grilled Gulf Pompano With Shrimp Lemon Butter Sauce And Lemon Braised Leeks
Annie's Peasant-style Pompano
Grilled Drunken Lobsters With Papaya Avocado Salad
Grilled Lobster Tails With Mashed Jerusalem Artichokes, Sauteed Asparagus, And Lemon Tarragon Butter
Citrus Crusted Pompano With Grapefruit Butter Sauce
Onion Crusted Pompano With Chervil Jus
Pompano With Potato Crust And Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
Crabmeat Stuffed Pompano With Roasted Baby Leeks And A Parsley Garlic Butter Sauce