- 1 pound fresh firm fish cut into strips, or scallops
- One-half cup plus 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 serrano chili, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onions (scallions)
- 1/4 cup chopped, seeded, and chopped tomatoes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Combine all the ingredients and cover. Chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before serving. If you're taking it with you on the boat, be sure to keep it iced in the ice chest. It will keep for 2 days, although the seafood will be more "cooked."