- 4 veal rib chops, bone-in, 10 to 12 ounces each
- Creole seasoning
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups fine dried bread crumbs
- 2 eggs beaten with 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 pound baby carrots, peeled and blanched
- 1/2 pound small red potatoes, quartered and blanched
- 4 medium plum tomatoes, cored, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup red onion, julienned
- 2 cups baby arugula, washed and patted dry
- Drizzle extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Using a sharp knife, butterfly each chop. Cover each chop with a large piece of plastic wrap. Using a meat mallet, pound out each chop, about 1/2-inch thick. Season the chops with Creole seasoning. In a shallow bowl, season the flour with Creole seasoning. In another shallow bowl, season the bread crumbs with Creole seasoning.
- Dredge the veal in the flour. Dip each veal chop in the egg wash, letting the excess drip off. Dredge each chop in the seasoned bread crumbs, coating each chop completely.
- In a large saute pan or skillet, heat the butter and 2 tablespoons of the oil. When the oil is hot, pan-fry each chop for about 4 minutes on each side. Remove from the pan and drain the chop on a paper-lined plate. Season the chops with Creole seasoning. In another saute pan, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil. Saute blanched carrots and potatoes until tender, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the tomatoes, red onion and arugula. Season with a drizzle of oil, salt and pepper. Mix well. To serve, place the veal in the center of each plate. Spoon some of the tomato mixture on top of the veal. Garnish with parsley.
Roasted Veal Loin Stuffed With Fontina Cheese And Truffles With A Mushroom Sauce
Boning A Veal Loin
Demo A Veal Eye Round
Classic Veal Parmesan
Smothered Veal Chops With Mushroom Gravy
Roasted Stuffed Veal Chops
Prince Orloff Veal Chops
Roasted Quail Stuffed With Veal Over Creamy Goat's Cheese Grits With A Maderia Reduction