- 1 veal loin, boned
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 pound Fontina cheese, cut into thin slices
- 1 medium black truffle
- Butcherís Twine
- Drizzle of olive oil
- 1 pound of baby morels, cleaned
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1/4 cup Cognac
- 2 cups veal reduction
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh thyme leaves
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place the veal loin on a cutting board. Cover with pieces of plastic wrap. Lightly pound the meat to 1/2-inch thick. Season both sides with salt and pepper. Place the slices of cheese over the pounded meat. Shave the truffles over the cheese. Roll the veal up tightly and secure with separate pieces of string at 1-inch intervals. In a large saute pan, over medium heat, add 2 tablespoons of the oil. When the oil is hot, sear the veal for a couple of minutes on all sides. Remove from the heat and place in the oven. Roast for about 20 to 25 minutes for medium rare. Remove the veal from the pan and set aside to rest.
- Place the saute pan back over the heat. Add 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Add the mushrooms and shallots. Season with salt and pepper. Saute for 3 minutes. Add the garlic and continue to saute for 1 minute. Deglaze the pan with the Cognac. Add the reduction and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the thyme. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Using a carving knife, remove the string from the veal. Slice the veal into 1/2-inch slices.
- To serve, arrange the slices in the center of each plate. Spoon some of the mushroom sauce over each slice. Serve immediately. Garnish with fresh thyme leaves.
Stuffed Roasted Veal Roast With A Spicy Tomato Sauce And Creamy Pasta
Crawfish Stuffed Veal Chops With Crawfish Marchand De Vin Sauce And Creamy White Cheddar Cheese Grits
Roasted Quail Stuffed With Veal Over Creamy Goat's Cheese Grits With A Maderia Reduction
Boning A Veal Loin
Veal Roulade With Crabmeat, Mushroom And Spinach Stuffing And Perigourdine Sauce
Seared Scallops With A Portobello Mushroom And Truffle Emuslion, Shaved Truffles And Parmigiano-reggiano Cheese
Fried Fresh Mozzarella Cheese With A Mushroom Ragu, Shaved Truffles And A Drizzle Of White Truffle Oil
Garlic Escargot With Goat Cheese, Fennel And Bacon Stuffed Mushrooms
Roasted Quail Stuffed With A Mushroom And Andouille Duxelle
Grilled Veal Chops With Herb Cheese, Wild Mushroom Tomato Bordelaise